Date:      Fri, 26 Mar 2004 12:26:16 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gumbysoft.com>
To:        Rafal Skoczylas <nils@secprog.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [UFS] Broken suiddir? (+patch)

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004, Rafal Skoczylas wrote:

> Well, actually this is what I meant saying "obvious risk", i.e. you have
> no clue who created the file and so on and so forth.
>
> What I would like to know is whether there exists any known issue eg. race
> condition in the kernel (or something like that) i.e. something that poses
> risk to the system but cannot be thought of because of the nature of the
> problem (eg. there's some known "buggie" behavior that makes it risky to
> use). To be honest, I'd love to hear the only known risks are those which
> I call "obvious" ;)

I suppose you'd like to know when natural disasters will hit for the next
5 years, and who'll win next years Super Bowl while I'm at it. :)

"Known" races are probably documented in PRs, although we like to fix
those rather than leave them laying around.

dwhite@gumbysoft.com          |  www.FreeBSD.org