Date:      Sun, 2 Nov 1997 00:18:41 -0500 (EST)
From:      Vega011@aol.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Trying to install

I have successfully created the installation boot disk image.
I am using this to format my computer.
Everything seems to go well: I am able to configure my kernal, I then select
'Novice' installation, I select 'Use Entire Disk' in the partition editor, I
select 'Standard' MBR, I select 'Auto Defaults for all!' in the disklabel
editor, I select 'All' distributions, I select 'Floppy' installation media (I
have no CDROM), then confirm requests.
Partitioning seems to go fine.
I then get a message requesting 'Please insert floppy in floppy drive unit
A'.
I then insert my floppy with the files bin.aa, bin.ab, bin.ac, bin.ad and
bin.ae on them, and hit enter.
This brings me back to the 'Choose Distributions' screen.
I again choose 'All'.
I then get a message saying 'Installation completed with some errors.  You
may wish to scroll through the debugging messages on VTY1 with the
scroll-lock feature.  You can also chose "No" at the prompt and go back into
the intallation menus to try and retry whichever operations have failed.'
I hit enter and this brings me back to the main menu.
I try 'Exit Install', and select 'Yes' at the user confirmation request and
remove the floppy from drive a:.
The computer then reboots off of the hard drive.
I get a prompt saying:

F1 . . . BSD
Default: F?

To this I select 'F1'.
The system then tries repeatedly to reboot with no success.

Can someone please help me get this installation done from floppies?

Regards,
--Very Frusterated!