Date:      Thu, 9 Oct 2008 19:59:22 -0600
From:      Modulok <modulok@gmail.com>
To:        cmarshall@ahm-inc.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: uptime 2 years!

>> uptime 2 years!

Congratulations. Long uptimes should be shared, so as to encourage people to
consider FreeBSD for long-term stability. Thank you for posting.

Through this discussion the lazy administrator topic came up... In
regards to that, we
must keep in mind, 'stability,' pertains not only to run-time
stability but also to
temporal stability and general quality of the design and implementation of the
original code base. If an administrator has to make offline kernel
patches every
week to fix a glaring security hole, something was wrong with the
sofware's original
 design or implementation. Regardless, mistakes do occur, so keep your system up
 for as long as you can, but don't forget to watch the security
reports for things that
would directly affect that specific server. All things in moderation.

>>Sorry to bother you...You know, you could just leave well enough alone if you don't
>>care. There goes any future donations from me and my organization as this is
>>more than the first untactful email I recieved from this, I'll donate and use other
>>platforms. Please don't send any other emails

Don't let a few sour grapes get you down. I think it's cool.
-Modulok-