Date:      Fri, 31 Oct 2003 10:51:58 +0800
From:      Suken Woo <wsk@gddsn.org.cn>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   about PAE questions under 4.9R

hi,folks:
There are few confuses with me after cvsupd(10.28.2003) to 4.9R
I found that in my GERNERIC/LINT file i couldn't find
anything about PAE options.... :( and I found these 2
files modified date is:
-rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 9763 4 28 2003 /sys/i386/conf/GENERIC
-rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 104976 10 23 03:04 /sys/i386/conf/LINT
it seems that cvsup didn't update thes 2 files???????
and at the /usr/src/UPDATING file , I didn't see the 4.9 REALEASE line
follow is cut of UPDATING file

Updating Information for FreeBSD STABLE users
This file is maintained and copyrighted by M. Warner Losh
<imp@village.org>. See end of file for further details. For commonly
done items, please see the COMMON ITEMS: section later in the file.

A reverse chronology since 4.0 was released is included, followed by
the common items quick how-tos, followed by entries for versions of
-current prior to 4.0 Release.

20031022:
Support for HyperThread logical CPUs has now been enabled by
default. As a result, the HTT kernel option no longer exists.
Instead, the logical CPUs are always started so that they can
handle interrupts. However, the extra logical CPUs are prevented
from executing user processes by default. To enable the logical
CPUs, change the value of the machdep.hlt_logical_cpus from 1 to
0. This value can also be set from the loader as a tunable of
the same name.

20030923:
Fix a bug in arplookup(), whereby a hostile party on a locally
attached network could exhaust kernel memory, and cause a system
panic, by sending a flood of spoofed ARP requests. See
FreeBSD-SA-03:14.arp.

%uname -a
FreeBSD lp.gddsn.org.cn 4.9-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE #0: Tue Oct 28
19:04:00 CST 2003 wsk@lp.gddsn.org.cn:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/LP i386
any info with appreciatives! :-)