Date:      Fri, 4 Feb 2000 14:06:31 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Christopher T. Griffiths" <cgriffiths@quansoo.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions List <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   PPPoE for Bellatlantic.net connection

Hello,

I am currently trying to connect up to my temporary ISP (bellatlantic.net)
until I get my new one who does not use pppoe.  For the time being though
I am trying to get my laptop to connect up using freebsd ppp to connect
via pppoe.

I have added the netgraph lines in my kernel and am running 3.4 -stable as
of two days ago cvsup.

My current config looks like the following:

ppp.conf:

!include ~/.ppp.conf

default:
 allow user cgriffiths
 set timeout 0
 set redial 3 10
 set log connect phase chat lcp ipcp ccp tun command
 set device /dev/cuaa2
 set speed 57600
 set dial "ABORT BUSY ABORT NO\\sCARRIER TIMEOUT 5 \"\" AT OK-AT-OK ATE1Q0
OK \\
dATDT\\T TIMEOUT 40 CONNECT"
 enable dns

my .ppp.conf:

pppoe:
 set device PPPoE:xe0:bellatlantic.net
 set mru 1492
 set mtu 1492
 set speed sync
 enable lqr
 set cd 5
 set dial
 set login
 set redial 0 0
 set authname username
 set authkey password
 set ifaddr 10.0.0.1/0 10.0.0.2/0 255.255.255.0 0.0.0.0
 add default HISADDR
 enable dns

From what I can tell they are using pap authentication on their side, and
they are also using WINPOET as a connector on the windows side.

Any suggestions would help

Thanks

Chris
---