Date:      Fri, 17 Nov 2017 01:12:29 +0300
From:      Greg V <greg@unrelenting.technology>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AMDGPU Kabini [Radeon HD 8400 / R3 Series] on FreeBSD

On 11/17/2017 00:57, Михаил Новоселов, ШЭМ Думалогия wrote:

> 17.11.2017, 00:51, "Theron" <theron.tarigo@gmail.com>:
>> On 11/16/17 15:59, Михаил Новоселов, ШЭМ Думалогия wrote:
>>>   Hello, I have Radeon HD 8400 APU which works well under Linux, but it does not under FreeBSD
>>>   I have made a forum thread with all information: https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/63275/
>>>   Bellow is the same information, copy-pasted.
>>>
>>>   00:01.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Kabini [Radeon HD 8400 / R3 Series]
>>>   is my videocard, it's an APU (video is integrated)
>> What is the output of `kldstat`?  It may be necessary to explicitly load
>> the "amdgpu" kernel module.

I'm not sure amdgpu works for older cards currently. (Works great for RX
480!)

You might want to try radeonkms instead.

And if you're using EFI boot with either amdgpu or radeonkms, you need
to set |hw.syscons.disable=1 in the bootloader because of this:
|https://github.com/FreeBSDDesktop/freebsd-base-graphics/issues/170

Which means you won't see anything on the console until the driver is
loaded.
So enable sshd, get another device ready to ssh into the box, reboot
with syscons disabled, ssh, play with loading modules :)