Date:      Sat, 22 Sep 2007 16:56:52 -0700
From:      "Jack Vogel" <jfvogel@gmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>,  "FreeBSD Current" <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   TX Multiqueue?

Our newest E1000 nic, the 82575, and the Oplin 10G hardware are capable of
multiple queues both on the receive and the send side. On the receive end for
the Oplin driver the queues actually help distribute interrupts and improve
performance without any special support in the stack.

I have been asked about multiple queues on the TX side, embedded appliance
type system builders for instance are interested I suppose for
priority queueing.
Is anyone working on this right now, and if not does this sound like something
anyone is interested in doing?

I would like to see MQ on both TX and RX that drivers could use if able.

Jack