Date:      Thu, 21 Sep 2000 16:42:58 +0200
From:      Anastasia Leventi-Peetz <leventi@fgan.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   booting FreeBSD with Lilo

--------------0F32576DF6C14CF1BC33AFE0

Dear people,

I have installed for the first time FreeBSD on a pc where also Linux runs, und I use

the Linux Loader to boot FreeBSD. In Linux there exists a configuration file (lilo.conf)

where one can choose out of possibly many kernels with which one, one wishes to boot Linux.

In this file I simply name until now the partition(slice) on which FreeBSD

is installed and all the rest happens by itself. Of course I read that the FreeBSD loader

can support mohr than one kernel versions, what happens but if I don't boot with BTX?

I just wanted to try a new configuration of the kernel!

Another question I'd like to pose:

I have installed gnome and I start it with

enlightenment & exec gnome-session in my initrc file.

I'm afraid I don't start it right because not the full functionality of the graphical

interface is there and I permanently get the error (by starting) that another window

manager runs already, though with ps only enlightenment is present.

Any suggestions?

 Many thanks in advance:Anastasia

--
Dr. Anastasia Leventi-Peetz     E-Mail: leventi@fgan.de
c/o FGAN/FKIE                   Tel: (+49) 228/9435 593

--------------0F32576DF6C14CF1BC33AFE0

Dear people,
<pre>I have installed for the first time FreeBSD on a pc where also Linux runs, und I use</pre>

<pre>the Linux Loader to boot FreeBSD. In Linux there exists a configuration file (lilo.conf)</pre>

<pre>where one can choose out of possibly many kernels with which one, one wishes to boot Linux.</pre>

<pre>In this file I simply name until now the partition(slice) on which FreeBSD</pre>

<pre>is installed and all the rest happens by itself. Of course I read that the FreeBSD loader</pre>

<pre>can support mohr than one kernel versions, what happens but if I don't boot with BTX?</pre>

<pre>I just wanted to try a new configuration of the kernel!</pre>

<pre>Another question I'd like to pose:</pre>

<pre>I have installed gnome and I start it with</pre>

<pre>enlightenment &amp; exec gnome-session in my initrc file.</pre>

<pre>I'm afraid I don't start it right because not the full functionality of the graphical</pre>

<pre>interface is there and I permanently get the error (by starting) that another window</pre>

<pre>manager runs already, though with ps only enlightenment is present.</pre>

<pre>Any suggestions?</pre>

<pre>&nbsp;Many thanks in advance:Anastasia</pre>

<pre>--&nbsp;
Dr. Anastasia Leventi-Peetz&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; E-Mail: leventi@fgan.de
c/o FGAN/FKIE&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Tel: (+49) 228/9435 593
Neuenahrer Strasse 20&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Fax: (+49) 228/9435 685
D-53343 Wachtberg, Germany&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <A HREF="http://www.fgan.de">http://www.fgan.de</A></pre>;
&nbsp;</html>