Date:      Sat, 24 Jul 1999 13:53:00 -0400
From:      bill@twwells.com (T. William Wells)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Certification

In article <NDBBJDFMIMOCFNNCEKADAELMCKAA.gill@topsecret.net>,
James Gill <gill@topsecret.net> wrote:
: ->  The best education and certification program that I have ever
: ->  seen is taking
: ->  the
: ->  time to build your own client/server network at home with open-source
: ->  software.
: ->  You'll learn more that way, and develop some real useable skills.
: ->
: ->  Go for it :)
:
: While I agree, how would you recommend I word that on my resume to ensure an
: extra ten or fifteen grand?

Uh huh.

All in all, having a certification program for FreeBSD would
enable people with less experience than greed to profit at the
expense of us. However, since people are forever looking for
"money for nothing", there will sooner or later be such a thing.
Let's just hope the FreeBSD project itself is smart enough to not
endorse such a thing.