Date:      Tue, 10 Aug 1999 00:17:54 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Will Andrews <andrews@TECHNOLOGIST.COM>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: bsd.port.mk update

On 10-Aug-99 Satoshi Asami wrote:
> +.if !defined(EXTRACT_PRESERVE_OWNERSHIP)
> +     @if [ `id -u` = 0 ]; then \

@if [ `id -u` -eq 0 ]; then \

-eq is aritmetic, = is for strings. (although it'd work anyhow.)

> +             ${CHMOD} -R ug-s ${WRKDIR}; \
> +             ${CHOWN} -R 0:0 ${WRKDIR}; \
> +     fi
> +.endif

I'm still not sure it's such a great idea to change suid/sgid permissions on a
port.. although I suppose if the porter has enough clue, he/she will add the
line:
        EXTRACT_PRESERVE_OWNERSHIP=     YES

to the Makefile... (rambling..)

--