Date:      Fri, 17 Nov 2006 09:46:56 -0300
From:      "Rafael Aquino" <freebsd@bsdserver.com.br>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Restarting DSL connection without reboot?

Hi, there,

For the servers that I use pppoe I use to create scripts
that tests the connection to the internet, and, in case
of a problem, they restart everything (logically speaking).

Things I use to care:

- Kill the ppp process and destroy tun interface;
- Put interface down for 2-3 seconds;
- Clean arp tables;

After that, when the script turns ppp on, everything works.

If the problem is with the physical equipment, I once use python
with telnet module to automatically log via telnet on the modem
and send the command to reboot it.

[]īs

--
Rafael Mentz Aquino