Date:      Wed, 23 Jun 2004 19:49:35 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        fred <fred@timogen.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode

--6TrnltStXW4iwmi0

On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 09:52:48PM -0400, fred wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Recently my freebsd machine always dead, and the below error messages are=
 gotten when reboot the machin, could anyone help me?

Start by updating to a modern release; there have been literally
thousands of bugs fixed since 5.0-DP1.

> FreeBSD 5.0-DP1 FreeBSD 5.0-DP1 #0: Wed Aug 27 07:07:21 CST 2003
root@:/usr/src/sys/i386/compile/PEARL i386

In general, you need to provide more information than this when you
run into a kernel panic.  See the chapter on kernel debugging in the
developer's handbook for full details.

Kris

P.S. Please wrap your lines at 70 characters so your emails may be
easily read.

--6TrnltStXW4iwmi0

--6TrnltStXW4iwmi0--