Date:      Wed, 7 Oct 1998 09:24:32 +0200
From:      Thomas Zenker <thz@lennartz-electronic.de>
To:        Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
Cc:        small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Command-line i/f vs WWW i/f

On Tue, Oct 06, 1998 at 12:23:20AM +0200, Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai wrote:
> True, yet see my other post about the ideas I have a this point about CLI
> vs WWW. Enough to say that should we have to implement the www pages, we
> need a very minimal HTTP 1.0 compliant daemon, plus the pages, and that all

have a look at thttpd of Jef Poskanzer at http://www.acme.com/software/thttpd
Very smart, really small footprint, BSD style copyright. I have it running
here in our intranet on 386/33 8MB, which has to do other things too.

We use FBSD in an embedded application with a 40 MB HD, (20MB + 20MB swap),
for configuring the first time we connect VGA/keyboard. But for some time
now I am thinking about other solutions as well - WWW would be much more
feasible for our customers, they aren't unix freaks at all.

--
   Thomas Zenker

   at work              thz@lennartz-electronic.de
   private              thz@tuebingen.netsurf.de