Date:      Thu, 17 Aug 2000 23:11:14 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Stephen Hansen <stephen@cerebralmaelstrom.com>
To:        rshea@opendoor.co.nz
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Suppressing SENDMAIL messages

I was always irritated by the messages popping up everywhere, and
always disturbing just about everything I was doing, so peeked
around..

If you go into /etc/syslog.conf and change each occurance of 'root'
to /dev/ttyv0, all the messages will only be displayed on the first
virtual terminal. i'm not sure if there's a difference between
/dev/ttv0 or /dev/console, which the first line sends stuff to, so
left it alone.

--Stephen