Date:      Wed, 12 Jul 1995 14:44:20 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      it IS the rabbit! <clubber@utbkp48.tbk.utwente.nl>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Install: can't find harddisc

Sir,

I'm having trouble installing FreeBSD as the boot floppy doesn't even
recognise my harddisc. The strange parts being:

1/ linux detects my harddisc fine
2/ If I type (after -c option) "attach wdc0" it spins my harddisc
   and reports the right options:

      wdc0: unit 0 (wd0): <SAMSUNG SHD-3122A (APOLLO)>
      wd0: 240MB (491925 sectors, 937 cyls, 15 head, 35 S/T, 512 B/S
      attach returned status of 0x1

   I copied this of a screen, maybe there's some typos in there
3/ My computer at home, who coincidentally has the same harddisc, next to
   the primary harddisc recognises the both fine.

I think my problem is that I don't know where/how to find out the parameters
like iomem, iosize etc. and which one to set in the first place.

Actually I was planning on comparing FreeBSD with linux, so perhaps there's
a linux command to supply the neccesary stats to me..

thank you for your time

Marten van Wezel