Date:      Thu, 2 Nov 2006 17:30:36 +0000
From:      Ceri Davies <ceri@submonkey.net>
To:        Rostislav Krasny <rosti.bsd@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-www@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: bug in www version of send-pr ?

--EXKGNeO8l0xGFBjy

On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 03:45:06PM +0200, Rostislav Krasny wrote:
> Hi all,
>=20
> I've sent a new PR today by a http://www.freebsd.org/send-pr.html web for=
m.
> I use firefox-1.5.0.7_1,1 built from ports collection. On the first try
> I tried to attach a traceroute.c.diff file but got following error messag=
e:
>=20
> There is an error with your problem report submission. The problem was: P=
atch file has wrong content type.
>=20
> On the second try I just copyied/pasted the contents of that file to the
> "Fix to the problem if known:" text input area and succesfully submitted
> following PR:
>=20
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3D104746
>=20
> I don't know what content type Firefox uses when it is sending a diff fil=
e,
> but it is a common filename extension of a patch file and it should work.

It sends application/octet-stream if I remember correctly, which is just
too wide I'm afraid.   Hence the warning on the submission form:

  If you are submitting a patch file, note that we only accept text/*
  content types, and you must therefore ensure that your browser sends the
  correct type. If your browser does not like to do this, a good way to
  convince it to do so is to ensure that the file name ends with the
  string '.txt'.

Ceri
--=20
                                                  -- Moliere