Date:      Sun, 26 Mar 2000 18:04:35 -0500 (EST)
From:      Spidey <beaupran@iro.umontreal.ca>
Subject:   problems using rec from Sox port

Hi

I'm having problems using the 'rec' program from the sox port.

I'm trying to record sounds at 'high' quality (44100 KHz, 16 bits, 2
channels, WAV format).

But I get a really bad recording... Some sounds get skipped. I could
post a wave file somewhere on the net if someone wants an example.

the problems is inexistent (or undectectable) when I use:

rec -b -r 44100 file.wav

or

rec -w -r 22050 file.wav

but skips sounds with:

rec -w -r 44100 file.wav

or

rec -b -r 44100 -c 2 file.wav

May it be because of my poor old pentium 166Mhz, or a bug in the sound
system or in sox???

I'm using sox-12.16 and

FreeBSD anarcat.dyndns.org 3.4-STABLE FreeBSD 3.4-STABLE #1: Wed Dec 29 14:37:01 EST 1999     spidey@anarcat.dyndns.org:/usr/src/sys/compile/HALL  i386

Thanks a lot for any input

--
Si l'image donne l'illusion de savoir
C'est que l'adage pretend que pour croire,

Lofofora