Date:      Mon, 31 Mar 1997 15:15:00 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Brian N. Handy" <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Cc:        joerg@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Philips CDwriter

Hi again!

[Re:  I have a Philips CDD2600 CD writer on my machine.]

I've figured out that I need an entry in scsiconf.c for my driver, so for
the moment I've zero'ed out the entry for the CDD2000 writer and replaced
it with the probe message for my CDR.

So OK, now we have:

(ncr0:2:0): "PHILIPS CDD2600 1.07" type 5 removable SCSI 2
worm0(ncr0:2:0): Write-Once

Which is cool!  I don't quite know what has to happen to *add* another
entry for this, I'm a pretty lame programmer so far.  Anyway, the problem
now happens when I try to access the drive:

# scsi -f /dev/rworm0.ctl -c "0 0 0 0 0 0" >/dev/null 2>&1
# wormcontrol select PHILIPS CDD2600
wormcontrol: open(/dev/rworm0): Device not configured
#

(I presume the above select is looking for the string out of worm.c, which
I've changed to match this as well.)

So...again, I'm stuck, just a bit further along.  What next?

Thanks,

Brian