Date:      Mon, 10 Oct 2005 13:22:22 +0700 (ICT)
From:      Olivier Nicole <on@cs.ait.ac.th>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   SYN limit

Hi,

I am facing the following problem: I have a web server with an
application that calls a MySQL server.

For class and test run, I may have 100 users accessing the same web
page to login to the same database.

For some reason, it seems that the MySQL server only accepts 50
connections to the same resource comming from the same client at one
given time. 50 other connections are in SYN_SENT state.

Any reason why this limit?

Both servers are CPU idled 90% or more, disk are running max 5
transactions/second, network is local LAN and busy less than 5%.

It could be a MySQL limit, but MySQL maxconnection is set to 250,
so...

Thanks in advance,

Olivier