Date:      Thu, 20 Dec 2001 08:22:49 -0500
From:      "Paul '" <smak_420@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   shared object not found..

i was make deinstalling the "screen" port from /usr/ports/graphics on my 4.4
distro yesterday and when i next tried to start x i got this error message..

/usr/linexec/ld-elf.so.1 : Shared Object "libXpm.so.4" not found

did the deinstall remove this vital file?

i have scrounged around google for similar instances and i think this may be
a file attributed to The Gimp.. when i get back home ill try
deinstalling/reinstalling that and see if that helps any, but if i could
just get the file from a mirror that would be ideal.. but where would it go
after i get the file? ;)

also as a side note.. whenever i start up x (when it was working) it could
not find my hostname, and reccomended i add it to the .hosts which i did..
but the message still appears. can the message be bypassed, as all my
network apps run fine regardless..

thanks