Date:      Thu, 19 Dec 2002 21:03:48 -0700 (MST)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        Gary D Kline <kline@thought.org>
Subject:   Re: /etc/mail/access list to DENY spam?

On Thu, 19 Dec 2002, Gary D Kline wrote:

> 	Several weeks ago someone posted the location of a spam
> 	list for sendmail's /etc/mail/access file.  I understand
> 	the file was large... but that makes no difference!  I'd
> 	just like to filter out most of the spam I've been getting.
>
> 	Does anybody know where that sample access lst was?

I posted a link to mine quite some time back.  Just now I updated it:

http://www.wonkity.com/~wblock/access

Beware, it's draconic.  But everything in there is a place from which
I've received spam.  Oh, and this is *in addition to* using the
relays.osirusoft.com DNSBL combination list, which includes SPEWS and
many others.  Please do not use this file without studying it and
probably modifying it first.

PS: thanks for giving me credit on that little Perl CIDR script on
daemonnews--but could you fix the text which says that 255.255.0.0 is
/8 (should be /16)?  I tried to send you email, but it bounced.