Date:      Fri, 26 May 2000 08:42:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jim Freeze <jim@freeze.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help: Wierd Terminal Copy Problem

Wow this is wierd.
I am running 3.4R with KDE.

I start kde.
A terminal window comes up: Terminal<1>.
I open another terminal window: Terminal <2>

I do a directory listing in Terminal<2>.
I open a vi session in Terminal<1> and ready it for input with 'i'.

If I select more than 34 lines of text from Terminal<2> and paste it
into Terminal<1> (using both left and right buttons on my 2-button
mouse) Terminal<1> freezes up.
No text is pasted and the window will not repaint.

However, if I past only 34 lines of text, then it works fine.
35 lines or more of text and it locks up.

Has anyone had this problem before?
Is this a kde bug?
An xterm config problem?

I also notice that his happens on both my home and my work machines.
Both running

FreeBSD kolob.lex.lexmark.com 3.4-RELEASE FreeBSD 3.4-RELEASE #0: Thu Dec
30 02:57:15 GMT 1999
jkh@highwing.cdrom.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC  i386

Thanks for any help.

Jim Freeze
jim@freeze.org
www.freeze.org
Save on CDs, DVDs and Books till May 31 2000
$10 Off a purchase of $30 and
$33 Off a purchase of $100.
Visit www.freeze.org