Date:      Tue, 25 Aug 2015 10:16:00 +0200
From:      Frank de Bot <lists@searchy.net>
To:        Michael Loftis <mloftis@wgops.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Multiple IP/subnet in jail, source address for connections

Michael Loftis wrote:
> Normally when jails are added their IPs are created as "normal"
> aliases, so they'll get a /32 netmask when you don't specify.  So
> Depending on how you're creating the jail you'll need to specify the
> netmask with the IP wherever you configure your jail.  (You didn't
> mention if you're using ezjail or not for example....)

I use no tools for creating/controlling jails. I have a /etc/jail.conf :

exec.start = "/bin/sh /etc/rc";
exec.stop = "/bin/sh /etc/rc.shutdown";
exec.clean;
mount.devfs;
exec.consolelog = "/var/log/jail.$name.log";

testjail {
        host.hostname = "testjail";
        ip4.addr = 79.x.x.213;
        ip4.addr += 10.4.3.6;
        ip6.addr = 2a00:x:x:x::3;

        path = "/opt/jails/testjail";
        exec.prestart = "/root/jail_prestart.sh $path";
        allow.raw_sockets = 1; # For debugging
}

I start a stop it with 'service jail start|stop testjail'

I tried to define the 10.4.3.6 alias with a 255.255.255.0 netmask, but
it makes no difference