Date:      Fri, 6 Aug 1999 16:04:36 -0700
From:      "Mr. M" <mistrM@gtemail.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Orange County FreeBSD User's Group.

> > Is there already an Orange County-based FreeBSD User's Group?  If so,
> > would someone please forward me a URL or e-mail address so that we can
> > ask about joining it?  If not, is there anyone on this list who would be
> > interested in starting one?
>
> Check out UUASC (UNIX Users Association of Southern California)
> www.uuasc.org

I live in Huntington Harbor.  I don't mind driving to L.A.   I tried to
contact the group in L.A. and none of my emails were ever responded to.

The UUASC is great.  Nice meetings, very informative, very friendly.
However, there is no real focus or any kind of "hands on" work with FreeBSD.

There are several LUGs in SoCal.  Why is it so hard to get a BSD group
together?

Mario