Date:      Thu, 7 Oct 2004 17:03:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Andrew Moran <amoran@forsythia.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   benchmarking a process

This isn't specific to freebsd I suppose.. but does anyone know any good
programs to measure how long a process took, how much memory it requested,
and how much network traffic it send/received?

I know for the time we can use 'time', but I'd like a utility that can
tell me more than the time (memory and network bandwidth and maybe other
things).   This is for a commercial renderer that's run on the command
line and exits when done.   I don't have access to the source, so it'd
have to somehow look at external things (maybe using a trace).

Any suggestions?

--Andy
For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism.