Date:      Thu, 10 Dec 1998 20:11:39 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Kevin G. Eliuk" <kevin_eliuk@sunshine.net>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Fabio_Andr=E9s_Miranda?= <fmirand@metrotel.net.co>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems with PPP connection

On Thu, 10 Dec 1998, Fabio Miranda wrote:

> then, i dial up my isp >atdt 3705555. The connection is faster, the
> modem works perfectly. But i get a promt like:
> User Verification
>
> Password:
>
> I don't know what is wrong, my isp gave me a username and password, no
> just a password, that also happens when i dial up with hyper terminal
> under windows. I can only connect with my isp under window using Dial Up
> Networking.
>
> Friends, i am on my knees, i am 18 yrs old, i am doing my best for work
> with fbsd, give me hand, i think i need to set up the /ppp.conf and the
> /ppp.linkup in order to send my username/password before my isp ask for
> a password. I put the examples of ppp.conf and ppp.linkup from the web
> site
> to my fbsd and it doesn't work.
> The isp is running Unix system V, it's metrotel.net.co and my fbsd
> version is 3.0.
> Friends, please, help me, don't give me the solutions in my hands but
> point me to look them by myself...

I have taken a look at there site and .... they lost my reservation ;)

Maybe something could be told by the settings that you use in DUN of
windows.

One thought is: Do they require any scripting to connect to them?

> thanks and thanks
> FreeBSD rules :)

It does :)

--
    /\/\/`/\                              Regards,
 /\'  \/ /  \/\                           Kevin G. Eliuk