Date:      Mon, 22 Sep 2014 12:48:30 -0600
From:      Dave Babb <dcbdbis@comcast.net>
To:        User Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Cloning a user

Good Afternoon all,

I am setting up a new system for a municipality. I want to setup one
user's home dir, their desktop, .profile, dir tree, etc....then clone it
to all the other users I need to setup. email is not a part of this
cloning process. I am trying to avoid the labor setting up each user's
desktop individually.....

Because the desktop (Mate) will be used.....is their some manner to not
bork up the cloned home dir's when cloning? Is there an approved method?

I ask because I am not getting any Google/Yahoo hits....I may be
searching for the wrong terms...or maybe this is not an "orthodox" strategy.

May I ask for pointers please?

Thank you!

Sincerely and respectfully,

Dave