Date:      Sat, 24 Jul 1999 14:45:54 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Pedro Leitao <pete@jeeves.poopie.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   MAKEDEV

I just added a new scsi backup tape drive on my server.
I compiled the kernel, and the scsi card and tape drive now show
up on startup as ahc0(card) and sa0(drive).

I want to use that drive, but the device sa0 doesn't show in /dev.
I am trying to make it with ./MAKEDEV sa0, but that just doesn't work.
When I run ./MAKEDEV sa0 , it looks like it runs, but the sa0 device
doesn't show in /dev/

How do I make the backup tape drive device so that I can use it?

thanx in advance for any help..
_P_