Date:      Fri, 17 Feb 2012 03:37:28 +0400 (MSK)
From:      Dmitry Morozovsky <marck@rinet.ru>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   rsh -n to cisco router: incomplete output

Dear colleagues,

some time ago users of our looking glass start to complain about non-working
ping and traceroute commands; looking at the source, I've found that

rsh -n router command

partially stops working: it returns some of contents (results up to first ping
or up to first answer from the first hop in the case of traceroute)

I even looked into tcpdumps and consulted with colleagues, but found only TCP
RESET semmingly from FreeBSD side which prevents all data to be read.  I also
tried to look at rsh.c, which was not changed since 2005, just to realize I
can't find relevant parts.

This is very stable effect, from 4 to 8 branches.  I'm not sure where it starts
to be broken, alas.  Maybe it's something related to IOS versions; however, I
doubt it, as all 3 our borders, including rather old one 7206, produce the same
output.

Any hints?

Thank you in advance; please keep me in CC list as I'm not subscribed to -net.

--
Sincerely,
[ FreeBSD committer:                                 marck@FreeBSD.org ]