Date:      Tue, 7 Jun 2005 20:07:54 +0200
From:      Ralf Weyer <ralf.weyer@gmx.de>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Port www/plugger and www/plugger-plugins-hubbe

Hello,

I'm running Firefox 1.0.4 on FreeBSD 5.4, and I've installed Plugger 5.1.3 and Plugger-plugins 5.0.4. Then I've testet the plugins on the Plugger-website, and most of them work, but some don't.

Audio/YM
----------------
Error message => Plugger: No appropriate application for type audio/x-stsound found!

Images/Gimp
---------------------
Error message => Plugger: No appropriate application for type application/x-gimp found!

Documents/Postscript
-----------------------------------
Error message => No error message, all there is is the message "Running helper..." at the status line of the browser

Documents/PDF
--------------------------
Error message => No error message, all there is is the message "Running helper..." at the status line of the browser

Documents/MS Word
----------------------------------
Error message => Plugger: No appropriate application for type application/msword found!

Documents/MS Excel
----------------------------------
Error message => Plugger: No appropriate application for type application/vnd.ms-excel found!

3D data/VRML
------------------------
Error message => Plugger: No appropriate application for type model/vrml found!

Audio/YM and 3D data/VRML is ok, there are no such things installed (and I don't really care about it), but the rest is simply not true. I've included a few lines of pkg_info, which shows the installed packages:

de-openoffice-1.1.4_2 Office-Suite mit Textverarbeitung, Tabellenkalkulation, Dat
gimp-2.2.6,1 A GNU Image Manipulation Program
gv-3.6.1 A PostScript and PDF previewer
xpdf-3.00_6 Display PDF files, and convert them to other formats

plugger-5.1.3 A multimedia front-end plugin for Mozilla or Opera
plugger-plugins-hubbe-5.0_4 Meta package installing all author-recommended Plugger plug

As you can see, OpenOffice 1.1.4 is installed (should open MS Word and Excel documents), also Gimp for Gimp-files, gv for postscript files and xpdf for PDF files. I did not install Adobe Acrobat Reader (simply deleted the line in the Makefile), and I don't want to install the Reader since xpdf normally works just as well.

Is there a (hopefully easy) way to fix this problem?

Thanks a lot,

Ralf Weyer