Date:      Fri, 22 Dec 2006 23:23:41 +0000
From:      Xian <ian@codepad.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freeBSD network error

On Friday 22 December 2006 06:02, freebsd wrote:
> Hi all
>  I have installed FreeBSD 6.0 unix recently. But I am not able to configure
> network (internet).
> I am having leased line with Realtek gigabit ethernet NIC. When I try to
> configure it is not showing the interface itself on sysinstall. Whether
> this freeBSD support this card or else what I have to do.
>
> Please help me
> Expect your earlier response
>
> regards
> arun

The card can be configured after install, if the drivers for it exist. They
just might not be in the kernell at install time (I don't know what ones
are).
The re or rl drivers might be wat your after. The man pages for them have
lists of supported cards.

--
/Xian

"I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details."
Albert Einstein