Date:      Tue, 11 Sep 2012 20:58:54 +0300
From:      Arto Pekkanen <isoa@kapsi.fi>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   GELI provider and trim (BIO_DELETE)

I have an SSD driver, rather new, and "camcontrol identify" reports it
supports data set management (TRIM).

I set up the disk so, that there is one slice. On this slice I put two
BSD labes a and b with geli providers. On these geli providers I did
newfs -t to enable trim.

Does the trim BIO_DELETE commands fall thru to the SSD, if the
filesystem decides a sector inside the geli provider is free to be reused?

In short: does UFS -t and thus BIO_DELETE work with geli as expected?

I have checked dmesg but did not catch any errors, so I have no way of
knowing.

--
Arto Pekkanen, säätäjä
ksym@IRCnet