Date:      Thu, 13 Jun 2002 21:37:28 +0200
From:      Jens Rehsack <rehsack@liwing.de>
To:        Drew Tomlinson <drew@mykitchentable.net>
Cc:        Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>, jon@math.upd.edu.ph, David J Duchscher <daved@nostrum.com>, questions - freebsd <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: samba 2.2.4 broken

Drew Tomlinson wrote:

> [...]

Your assumption is a little wrong. All the options was in net/samba/Makefile
before we're written the menu. The menu script just sets some options,
so building samba will work fine/not fine with or without options.

I recommend you to do a make clean after a port build fails and you do
not need any of the working data anymore. All menu's I know store their
configuration in a file named Makefile.inc.
As far I interpret your mails either you have anywhere defined "WITH_ACL_SUPPORT"
or some tool that you may use did it for you.

> Anyway, I commented out these lines and tried again.  This time I got
> a "config menu" where I could select various options and then
> continued.  It completed the install without error.

??? Maybe your /etc/defaults/make.conf - try a
$ grep "WITH_ACL_SUPPORT" * */*
in /etc - maybe it helps :-)

Also your .profile could be "corrupted" - check your environment (`env`).

> So, should my install work?  Why did I need to comment out those
> lines?  I am using a default 4.5-STABLE as of 4/12 and my ports tree
> is updated every night.  I have not made any modifications.  What's
> going on?

Sorry that I must say, but the lines are very clear:
if( ( someone has somewhere defined WITH_ACL_SUPPORT ) but ( FreeBSD is not 5.0 or higher ) )
then
  say him, I don't want do that :-(
else
  do it
end if

Somewhere on your system this setting must be set - I do not know where. But it must.

Kind regards
Jens

> Thanks,
>
> Drew

L     i  W     W     W  i                 Jens Rehsack
L        W     W     W
L     i   W   W W   W   i  nnn    gggg    LiWing IT-Services
L     i    W W   W W    i  n  n  g   g
LLLL  i     W     W     i  n  n  g   g    Friesenstraße 2
                                  gggg    06112 Halle
                                 g   g
Tel.:  +49 - 3 45 - 5 17 05 91    ggg     e-Mail: <rehsack@liwing.de>
Fax:   +49 - 3 45 - 5 17 05 92            http://www.liwing.de/