Date:      Fri, 3 Dec 1999 22:48:15 +0100
From:      David von Stetten <stetten@gi.alaska.edu>
To:        Darren Wiebe <dkwiebe@heartland.ab.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vmware and FreeBSD 3.3-RELEASE

Hello....

On Thu, 02 Dec 1999, you wrote:
> Wishing exactly what I am...  You could probably update to current.  I
> tried upgrading but I cannot get it to build, I guess that means that I
> should not be running it yet...  I should tell you to go to -current
> because the handbooks says NEVER to do it just for new toys... :-)  It
> would take a bit of work to get it to work I think.  It could probably
> be done in -stable, I don't know about 3.3 release though...
I guess I'm not really sure about the differences between -release and
-stable. I thought that -stable eventually gets -released, so that it's
kinda the same... Well, I suppose I was wrong!

But I certainly don't want to get into running -current, sounds like too
much of a mess.

So maybe I should just wait for 4.0-release.... What a shame.

CU, David