Date:      Thu, 15 Dec 2005 09:33:43 +0100
From:      Sasa Stupar <sasa@stupar.homelinux.net>
To:        Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@toybox.placo.com>, danial_thom@yahoo.com, Drew Tomlinson <drew@mykitchentable.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Polling For 100 mbps Connections? (Was Re: Freebsd Theme Song)

--On 14. december 2005 20:01 -0800 Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
wrote:

> [...]

Hmmm, here is test with iperf what I have done with and without polling:
**************
Client connecting to 192.168.1.200, TCP port 5001
TCP window size: 8.00 KByte (default)
[1816] local 192.168.10.249 port 1088 connected with 192.168.1.200 port 5001
[ ID] Interval       Transfer     Bandwidth
[1816]  0.0-10.0 sec   108 MBytes  90.1 Mbits/sec

This is when I use Device polling option on m0n0.

If I disable this option then my transfer is worse:
Client connecting to 192.168.1.200, TCP port 5001
TCP window size: 8.00 KByte (default)
[1816] local 192.168.10.249 port 1086 connected with 192.168.1.200 port 5001
[ ID] Interval       Transfer     Bandwidth
[1816]  0.0-10.0 sec  69.7 MBytes  58.4 Mbits/sec

BTW: my router is m0n0wall (FBSD 4.11).

--
Sasa Stupar