Date:      Tue, 29 Dec 2009 16:51:19 +0100
From:      Zoran Kolic <zkolic@sbb.rs>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sheevaplug questions

Howdy!

> I have 2 of them and cu works fine.
> As root you can do this. The serial-over-usb provides you with 2 serial
> devices. The second one is the console. The first is the JTAG interface to
> flash the bios.
> # cu -l cuaU1 -s 115200

Perfect! I hardly wait to get the device!

> When you plug the serial-over-usb in you should see something like these
> lines in dmesg/messages.
> Dec 28 18:30:17 sjakie kernel: ugen2.4: <FTDI> at usbus2
> Dec 28 18:30:17 sjakie kernel: uftdi0: <SheevaPlug JTAGKey FT2232D B> on
> usbus2
> Dec 28 18:30:17 sjakie kernel: uftdi1: <SheevaPlug JTAGKey FT2232D B> on
> usbus2

When I turn the plug on, in fact?

I suspect Attos tried to connect to wrong device name, or it was
on some older freebsd version? Also, there were more than one version
of plug, with maybe different hardware parts.

Not related to freebsd: forum posts point to error after changing
root password on the plug. Someone experienced it? I see no reason
to have any problem on default ubuntu 9.04 with simple "passwd".
Almost all posters made "apt-get update first".

Thank you all for reply. Best regards

                                  Zoran