Date:      Tue, 25 Jan 2005 18:38:42 +0100
From:      Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie@le-hen.org>
To:        Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie@le-hen.org>, Nickolay Kritsky <Nickolay.Kritsky@astra-sw.com>, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gif(4) and bpf(4)

> I forgot to say in my original reply that I was using IPSEC transport
> mode. When I was discussing this with Bill Fenner he pointed out that
> there was no such thing as IPSEC 'interface mode', though there had
> been some discussion during the standards process about the need for
> such a thing.

Are you thinking about the enc(4) interface [1] [2] provided with OpenBSD ?

> The combination of IPSEC transport mode and a tunneling protocol
> provides such a mode.

That's exactly what I'm doing now : converting my tunnel mode to gif(4)
and transport mode.

Best regards,

[1] http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=enc&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=OpenBSD+Current&arch=i386&format=html

[2] http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys/net/if_enc.c