Date:      Fri, 28 Nov 1997 18:37:47 -0700
From:      Michael Fuhr <mfuhr@dimensional.com>
To:        Tom <tom@uniserve.com>
Cc:        Narvi <narvi@Haldjas.folklore.ee>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Stable broken?

On Nov 28, Tom wrote:

> > I cvsupped yesterday and built world. The result - an unresolved reference
> > in libtermcap.so.2.1, and no proof there aren't any others. Is it a known
> > bug or did something just go wrong?
>
>   Sounds like you didn't reboot, or running ldconfig.

Is this the error people are seeing?

    /usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "_issetugid" called from
    bash:/usr/lib/libtermcap.so.2.1 at 0x2006b10c

issetugid() is called from tgetent() in libtermcap; everything I have
that calls tgetent() and is dynamically linked against libc.so.2.2
gives the above error.  This is primarily software I've built myself
and installed in /usr/local/bin, e.g., bash, emacs, and tcsh.

Is there a way to solve this problem without rebuilding everything?
I build most things myself from the original source code -- do the
ports have the same problem?

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.dimensional.com/~mfuhr/