Date:      Sun, 27 Oct 1996 14:15:13 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Veggy Vinny <richardc@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
Cc:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: -current failed

On Sun, 27 Oct 1996, Veggy Vinny wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Oct 1996, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>
> > 	One other area you might want to watch...for some reason, I
> > didn't have a /usr/lib/compat directory, so when I did my 'make install'
> > in /usr/src/gnu, libgnumalloc.so.2.0 became /usr/lib/compat...
>
> 	I didn't either.....  Somehow on the other machines, I updated
> from the same version of -current and I just had to recompile gcc before
> doing make world and everything went fine... Anyways, if I wanted to resup
> the src tree again from scratch, do I just rm -rf * after cd'ing to
> /usr/src, is there anything I need to do to /usr/obj or can I just delete
> it?

Doing a make world automatically does the make obj for you.  Make cleandir
kills them.  If there isn't a obj directory avaialble when the make
starts, then the obj's fall into the source directories.  One very common
error is the do make clean, and think your objs are really clean.  They
aren't, the .depend files survive, and cause grief.

I don't know why this all is, I'm not as closely plugged into the make
files as I could be.

> Vince
> GaiaNet Corporation - Unix Networking Operations

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |