Date:      Fri, 23 Jan 2004 01:24:41 -0700
From:      Amar Takhar <verm@drunkmonk.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 5.2-release NDIS panic (Dell D800 Broadcom TruMobile 1400)

On 2004-01-22 19:17 -0800, Mike Hunter wrote:
> Hey everybody,
>
> I was trying to get the NDIS driver working on my laptop.  I followed
> instructions I found here:
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=20768+26271+/usr/local/www/db/text/2003/freebsd-mobile/20031221.freebsd-mobile

A few things here, that method is no longer required and has been obsoleted.

Bill has hooked the ndisulator into ifconfig.

So, as a start, please make _sure_ you have the latest ndis sources.

Also one thing seems odd to me:

> ndis0: 11b rates: 1Mbps 2Mbps 5.5Mbps 11Mbps

You should be getting rates reported as:

Jan 21 22:09:14 peach kernel: bcm0: 11b rates: 1Mbps 2Mbps 5.5Mbps 11Mbps
Jan 21 22:09:14 peach kernel: bcm0: 11g rates: 6Mbps 9Mbps 12Mbps 18Mbps 36Mbps 48Mbps 54Mbps

Also, an IRQ of ii dosn't seem quite right :)

Double check that you have used the CORRECT drive from Dell's site, you want the
XP drivers which are in the _parent_ directory after you have unzipped the EXE.

After this, if it _still_ dosn't work, repond to the list and i'll walk you
through some debugging procedures.

Also, what model is this laptop?

--
Amar Takhar