Date:      Sat, 19 Jul 2003 00:12:41 +0100
From:      Ian Dowse <iedowse@maths.tcd.ie>
To:        Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with umount and fsid?

In message <20030718122134.B26395@root.org>, Nate Lawson writes:
>I get an error when umounting a FAT filesystem on a USB flash drive.  It
>appears the device is properly unmounted.  Is this a case that needs to be
>fixed in our fsid code?  It happens every time I unmount this device.

>laptop# umount /thumb
>umount: unmount of /thumb failed: No such file or directory
>umount: retrying using path instead of file system ID
>laptop# mount | grep da0
>laptop#

Thanks for the report - in theory this should only occur if you
have a kernel from before July 1st but a newer userland. Assuming
that's not the case, I must have overlooked something. Could you
update to the latest sbin/mount, and then post the output of:

	mount -v | grep /thumb
	truss umount /thumb

Thanks,

Ian