Date:      Mon, 3 May 1999 11:28:39 +0530 (IST)
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Some thoughts on advocacy (was: Slashdot ftp.cdrom.com upgra

Let me make a couple of things clear:
(a) I'm guilty of going on too long about the GPL, sorry about
    that.
(b) My intention was not to discuss the merits of the GPL,
    and certainly not to suggest that BSD switch to GPL.
Please re-read my first post if you don't believe this.

I can't believe the sort of "advocacy" that goes on sometimes. I
fully appreciate someone's comment that you'll find extreme
opinions expressed on the list. The things is, you find the same
opinions expressed outside. At the same time you find extremely
reasonable and balanced articles like Jordan Hubbard's in
Freshmeat some time back. I originally started reading the
archives to find out what you chaps "really" think...

As I said, I do my bit to encourage use of FreeBSD, but I can't
go on an anti-GPL binge while doing so. That's why I raised the
issue. I realize now that logic is not what is involved here.
Issue closed, from my side at least.