Date:      Tue, 11 Apr 2000 23:03:55 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@freebsd.org>
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Import of tcsh into src/contrib/, replacing src/usr.bin/csh

Hi,

> On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Steve Passe wrote:
>
> > expressions.  Soooo, whether we replace csh with tcsh or not, I would like
> > to add my vote to the list of those suggesting that the "root user" shell
> > be /bin/sh right out of the box.  Remember that we want to bring people over
>
>           ^tc?
>
> This seemed to be at odds with the rest of the paragraph:

No, I meant /bin/sh, ie bourne shell, as several others have suggested.  It
is the shell used by most/all of the system scripts, and thus a mandatory
part of any system.  It is the default shell for a "user".  It would be more
uniform if it were also the default shell for root.

--
Steve Passe	| powered by