Date:      Fri, 29 May 1998 16:26:35 -0300 (ADT)
From:      Antonio Bemfica <bemfica@militzer.me.tuns.ca>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2940AU SCSI timeout problem - how come kernel.GENERIC works

On Fri, 29 May 1998, Doug White wrote:

> > options		FAILSAFE
>
> You don't need (or want) this, it slows the system down.

I normally comment that line, but as I said, I'm having trouble with the
kernel, and rather than have someone tell me "have you tried the FAILSAFE
option", I gave it a try - I've tried it both ways.

> > options		"CPU_FASTER_5X86_FPU"
>
> You have a Cyrix CPU?

No, it is an Intel Pentiun II - I'll comment it out.

> > controller      aha0    at isa? port "IO_AHA0" bio irq ? drq 5 vector ahaintr

Some of our machines have 1540 controllers, so we usually leave it in. I'll
remove the line and try.

> > controller      snd0
> > controller	pci0

Isn't pci0 "The main PCI bus device"? I thought it was compulsory on PCI
machines.

> > controller	ahc0

Isn't this device required by my Adaptec 2940AU?

> > controller      ncr0

Again, some of our machines have NCR controllers. I'll comment it out.

Thanks for your comments. I'll give it a try.

Antonio