Date:      Sun, 18 Sep 2011 13:49:42 +0200
From:      Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie@le-hen.org>
To:        Mathieu Arnold <mat@mat.cc>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.org, Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie@le-hen.org>
Subject:   Re: ZFS on root: / is found but child datasets are not mounted

On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 11:40:10AM +0200, Mathieu Arnold wrote:
> +--On 18 septembre 2011 11:27:22 +0200 Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie@le-hen.org>
> wrote:
> | The kernel boots fine, it finds the root filesystem, but fails miserably
> | when running rc.d scripts because child datasets are not mounted (/var,
> | /usr, ...).
> |
> | obiwan:~# cp /tmp/zpool.cache /mnt/boot/zfs/zpool.cache
> | obiwan:~# grep 'zfs[:_]' /mnt/boot/loader.conf
> | zfs_load="YES"
> | vfs.root.mountfrom="zfs:zroot/root"
>
> What about zfs_enable="yes" in /etc/rc.conf ?

Yeah right, someone already pointed this to me in another thread.

For some reason rc.conf(5) on the ZFS disk is not there whereas all
other files are there and identical (with the exception of fstab(5) of
course).

--
Jeremie Le Hen

Men are born free and equal.  Later on, they're on their own.
				Jean Yanne