Date:      Wed, 6 Jun 2001 11:49:35 -0500
From:      "Jason Halbert" <jason@jason-n3xt.org>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Networking Question

Hi all:

I was thinking about trying something out and I wanted to see if
anyone had any pointers or if they knew if it was even possible.

I have a web server that is on DSL.  It's becoming fairly loaded and
uses bandwidth.  I was wondering would it be possible to make a
gateway in the following configuration:

          ---------------------
DSL-0-----|xl0                |
          |                   |
          |    Gateway Box    |
          |                   |     -------
DSL-1-----|xl1             xl2|-----| Hub |----->
          ---------------------     -------

I was wondering if that BSD could perform some kind of load balancing
on the two DSL connections.  Or if there is some other way of
combining two DSL services.  I would go to a T-line if I had the
money.  But I thought I would see if this or some other arrangement is
possible.  I have already contacted the phone company and my ISP and
neither support this kind of thing, but do not see a problem with me
trying.

Any ideas?

----
Jason P. Halbert