Date:      Fri, 22 Dec 2006 16:08:57 -0700
From:      Modulok <modulok@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   nvida driver on amd64

First of all, I'm not asking for a step by step guide...just needing someone
to point me in the right direction:

There is a FreeBSD project un-officially named "project evil" which allows
one to use binary drivers from Microsoft windows for network interface cards
that are not natively supported. Is there a similar project or method out
there for video card drivers, such that we may use Linux drivers for video
cards that aren't natively supported under FreeBSD?

Basically I'm looking to get an nvidia driver for an FreeBSD system on
amd64, that supports openGL 2.0 hardware acceleration. So far, nvidia only
supports FreeBSD on the x86. Aside from going to linux (which I really don't
want to do) any suggestions on how to accomplish this? Can I use a driver
compiled for x86 on an amd64 architecture perhaps?

Thanks.
-Modulok-