Date:      Fri, 23 Apr 1999 15:26:10 -0700
From:      Parag Patel <parag@cgt.com>
To:        Ludwig Pummer <ludwigp@bigfoot.com>
Cc:        "Hentschel, Thomas" <Thomas.Hentschel@Novellus.Com>, "'Bill Fumerola'" <billf@chc-chimes.com>, "'freebsd-stable@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: reboot by itself??!!

On Fri, 23 Apr 1999 15:18:27 PDT, Ludwig Pummer wrote:

>At 01:36 PM 4/23/99 , Hentschel, Thomas wrote:
>>
>>ROTFLMAO
>>
>>You think dogs are attracted to chuck too ?? How about mice ?? I noticed my
>>plants are growing faster since I put my server next to them...
>>
>>-Th
>
>Hate to spoil the humor, but electromagnetic fields do cause plants to grow
>faster (and eventually mutate).

Seems awfully unlikely.  If this were true, plants near electrical
outlets in the wall would grow faster, as there's a lot more leaking
radiation from there.  (Far more than from a high-tension power-line in
the back yard, but less than an electric blanket.  Square of the
distance, y'know.)

Anyway, I'd bet on the increased temperature near the server that keeps
the plant warm and happy (assuming you're also watering it regularly).
The immediate area near my system here is noticably warmer and is great
for warming my feet in the colder winter mornings.

	-- Parag Patel