Date:      Sat, 20 Nov 2004 16:04:46 -0600
From:      Eric Schuele <e.schuele@computer.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Where to get a Prism based miniPCI?

Thanks guys... exactly what I was looking for!

Hudson Lee wrote:
  > Good Luck changing the card in your laptop I tried that with an IBM

> thinkpad t30 and my bios refused to boot with an "unauthorized minipci
> card error" hopefully your laptop bios is less evil. If you have a
> recent ibm laptop I suggest spending some time on the phone with ibm
> to get them to reveal their list of cards their bios allows you to
> use, and hope one of those is prism 2.5 or atheros!

Thanks for the heads up.. Though I have a Dell and I've got a broadcom
mPCI and an Atheros mPCI that both work relatively well.  One does one
thing well, the other does other things well... It my understanding that
the Prism cards will do it all well... so that's what I'm looking for now.