Date:      Wed, 14 Jun 95 11:39:18 -0500
From:      mglaris@pic.net
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Help configuring Etherlink III 3C590-COMBO PCI Board

Hello,

I am something of a Unix neophyte, and am presented with the problem
of configuring a FreeBSD v2.0.5 system to use an Etherlink III 3C590
COMBO ethernet board.  This is a PCI but mastering ethernet controller.
When booting, the devices ed0 and ed1 are not found at the normal
IO addresses.  This is not realy surprising, since I do not think that
the proper driver is loaded.  For that matter, I have no idea what a Unix
device driver even looks like.

I've had a good bit of experience with configuring things under most other
PC operation systems, most often OS/2, but know little of Unix.  I can
use Unix as a not very sophisticated user, but have no experience as a
Unix system administrator.  As you can probably tell by know, this is
presenting a certain amount difficulty....

I think I have a handle on the software configuration.  At least, I've
found the hosts file, and the aliases file, and most of the other
configuration files that are familiar to me from OS/2.

Any and all help will be appreciated.

Mike Laris
mglaris@pic.net